Holiday trips already on your mind? YES, me too! It’s no secret Jeff and I can’t sit still for more than a month or two without traveling or wanting to discover a new destination. We just love to have a new adventure to look forward to. We enjoy researching about the Country, their History and best spots for local food, obviously!
Since our next trip is to Tulum in November and we have everything ready to go, I wanted to share a few tips on how to save money when booking your next trip that always work for us and we’re very proud of it haha 🙂
- Cheapest dates to travel – If you’re schedule is flexible, traveling the week before any Holiday is the cheapest time to travel. For example: we’ve made it our thing to book our Thanksgiving vacation the week of Nov. 13th, since no one travels then, everything is HALF off! Looking up these dates could save you up to 50% off of what you’d normally spend.
- Clean your web history – This is KEY. Search engines know “everything” about us! If you search for specific dates of travel, the next time you search you’re most likely to see a higher price. To avoid this, clean your Web History after every search.
- Book in advance – I know you know, but it not only saves you money it also gives you peace of mind 😉
- Call the hotel directly and ask for available deals – Don’t be scared to ask! Deals and upgrades are always available and sometimes it only takes a simple please and thank you!
- Always exchange currency before traveling – This is your best bet when traveling abroad. If you’re trying to save money you’re most likely to book your trip in advance so when you do, keep an eye out for the currency you need and exchange it then. The airport or exchange spots abroad take advantage of the fact that you need the money no matter what so they can get away with a lot.
Where are you traveling next?! Comment below. I’d love to know your next adventure, always looking for some travel inspo!
Photos by Simply Adri Photography.